Rick Barber An Arrogant Jerk

Rick Barber is a radio host and airs in Denver in the middle of the night. Beside the other show that caters to UFO stories and the paranormal at that time, Rick caters to self-anointed intellectuals, and has a couple of co-hosts (regular callers). One of the co-hosts is great, you can hear a door chime here and there and people asking for cigarettes.

Rick tonight said “Anyone who supports the war has a southern accent and only compares the war to a football game because that’s as far as their I.Q. goes.”

Insulting? Not to just the Southerners but also to his non-Southern listeners that DO support the troops – AND THE WAR.

So, why do I listen? Good question! Basically it WAS the choice between him and the UFO abductees, but now I think they have more credibility. Way to go KOA. Does he make me angry? He sounds just like the Al-Qaeda tapes intended to demoralize us.

7 Responses to “Rick Barber An Arrogant Jerk”

1. Patrick February 26, 2007 at 9:33 am #

That’s why he’s on so late–nobody listens to trash. I’ll try to dig up the study from last year that concludes that our GI kids have higher IQs than their civilian counterparts here in the states.

Only the best volunteer for something greater than themselves.

2. Natasha July 25, 2007 at 3:42 am #

I listen to Rick Barber because I work over nights and its the only am station that comes in. I agree that Rick Barber is a pretentious jerk. He lost any ounce of credibility for me when he had a guest on who claimed to heal people by laying hands over the phone, and Rick Barber totally supported this. The best thing about the show is MM. MM should have his own show, at least you know up front he’s straight loony.

3. rick barber March 6, 2008 at 5:41 pm #

😯

this is what i get for googling myself

i’m from Albany, NY, and i’m not a dj, but other than that, it’s like you found my letters and read each one out loud.

i have, in fact, been told i should be in talk radio, and i told the lady that i chose to take it as a compliment…

cheers

4. Knox March 6, 2008 at 6:16 pm #

Too funny – could be worse I guess 😕

5. Denver Dog (smammer) September 22, 2008 at 8:21 am #

I know I am late with my response, but I had to throw my two cents in too! It’s too bad that we have such negative stereotypes associated with supporters of the war. The war has not gone near as well as anyone had hoped, but whenever there is a failure it is wasy to point our fingers.

6. Knox September 22, 2008 at 3:27 pm #

Mr. “Denver Dog” – you are a spammer. If you are trying to duplicate the success of GT and Roamin’ Baths, this really is the LAST place you should be dropping anchor text comment spam.

I’m looking at your sites and web strategy right now. Too bad you just made Denver’s most accomplished SEO team aware of your tactics.

Good luck with your ventures!

7. rufus December 13, 2008 at 2:52 pm #

I agree about Rick B. being a pretentious, arrogant jerk, but that is just reiterating the obvious. The thing that most annoys me though, is his stuttering on the air. The, the, the, uhh, uhh, uhh, bu, bu, bu, bu kind of crap. It is not to be tolerated on commercial radio. Get help with the stuttering or get off the air!