Greatest Real Estate Agent in the World

Real estate webmasters is having a contest called Greatest Real Estate Agent in the World. It was the idea of Eric Bramlett but being pushed by REW and Eric Blackwell.

There’s my entry —————– >

Basically on May 1st they’ll see who is ranking for that term.

So, legally defined, an agent works on behalf of another, so seo’s are agents. I am an agent in many ways, but not in this. So I’ll be watching and learning while real estate agent (SEO’s) battle it out to see who can be the greatest in that time. (No, I won’t redirect this to a fellow agent – maybe). I dunno, kinda have my favorites but I’ll be honest, the world knows that.

Remember, I don’t do real estate seo and this site is far from relevant to be a contender.

Actually, I can’t win anyway, I’m not an agent. Oh well, I can comment. Any real estate agents out there participating? Are you the greatest in the world? Sites around the web will have your picture in a couple months if you are.

Now – my typical opinions and cynicism.

Lap dogs and wannabe’s are saying over and over “better not”, dropping veiled threats and then reference the sponsor’s nemesis article basically saying “be careful”. Is it the fear that Google will monitor? Is it a fear that these commenters couldn’t win? Is it a fear that who does will have a barrage of spam reports – just to say “look – Real Estate Webmasters screwed a member” – that stage was set long ago and barely worked.

Maybe this will be the whitest contest in SEO history, maybe it sets the stage for more industry infighting. Maybe it SHOULD be fun!

Regardless the outcome it is clear:

• This isn’t a real estate webmasters link bait scheme
  • The prize is generous
  • This is spurring cross blog conversation
  • The contest is creating new relationships
  • Hate will brew toward the winners

A rising tide raises all ships and all contestants are benefiting. Those that groan and ride the coat-tails of nay-saying mentors while rolling over and kicking a leg for an allowed comment are outside the scope of the intent of the great contest.

It’s supposed to be fun and to learn – not to be whipped, schooled or scorned.

It’s also very clear this will be interesting to see- after May 1st. Will it be a real estate agent learning SEO or will it be an agent working on behalf of one?

A rule about the greatest agent contest:

If I were a contestant I’m supposed to mention what I learn about the “greatest real estate agent in the world” contest and also link out to an agent that I thought was educational. This took a little while and I choose Donna and Wayne Long because instead of the article focusing on the contest, they actually wrote what it takes to be the greatest real estate agent in the world. I don’t know them, never met them – but they seems to be doing their job rather than mine:) They’re real estate agents first and they’re remembering that.

21 Responses to “Greatest Real Estate Agent in the World”

1. Benjamin February 15, 2008 at 5:39 pm #

Your spot on as usual Knox with your observations. It’s a shame that a few have to try and turn something that is essentially harmless and a potentially good learning experience into an opportunity for shrill commentary and half baked scorn.

It’s also very funny how many profess it to be such a bad thing but then take every opportunity available to grab onto the coattails of the idea. For those out there that can look past the ridiculous, it “will” be fun to watch how this challenge unfolds.

2. Knox February 15, 2008 at 7:13 pm #

Thanks for coming by, Benjamin. Nice REW there! You know, I lived in Destin for a while – beautiful area down there.

3. Greatest Real Estate Agent in the World February 16, 2008 at 5:52 am #

Knox – You can feel free to transfer the prize to me if you win :mrgreen: For me, this will be a fun contest even if others want to hate on it.

4. Knox February 16, 2008 at 6:01 am #

lol – you are much better staged for this than I am – I don’t have anything relevant to real estate at all. I’m surprised I’m at the bottom of page 2 right now just with this lone post.

Good luck!

5. Wayne Long February 17, 2008 at 5:42 am #

Thanks Knox – for vote our way! Like you said this should be fun and will be if everyone will just jump in with the right attitude. Attitude is half of life in my experience. You can go around mad at the world or you can enjoy things and have fun with them – your choice. :)

6. Joshua Keen February 17, 2008 at 10:18 am #

Knox – anything relevant to marketing online is, by default, relevant to real estate. It’s no surprise to me you’re ranking the way you are. Your site is more relevant (content wise) than many real estate agent websites I’ve seen.

7. Convent Station Guy February 17, 2008 at 9:59 pm #

ok, now that is a bunch of spammy blog comments. hehe, I guess for a contest like this anything goes.

Jim

8. Knox February 18, 2008 at 12:56 am #

I don’t mind the trackbacks from real estate agents trying to be the greatest:)

9. Knox February 18, 2008 at 12:58 am #

Wayne – no prob, it’s an honest vote.

10. Greatest Real Estate Agent In The World February 19, 2008 at 7:44 pm #

Gooday fellow competitors! Zis vil be one heck of a competition!

- Boris Yututeers.

11. Knox February 19, 2008 at 7:50 pm #

Nick you crack me up – close to addin’ ya to my MySpace.

12. Greatest real estate agent in the world February 19, 2008 at 8:52 pm #

Hey Knox, Love your blog!

Our buddy Nick is a funny guy.

13. Another Greatest Real Estate Agent February 20, 2008 at 5:30 pm #

I never thought of an SEO consultant as an agent, but I was talking about agency law with the head of firm recently, and he was saying that almost anytime you are acting on behalf of another in a commercial situation, then you are acting as their limited or special agent. Of course, I’m not a lawyer like he is, so it still cracks me up to think that I’m a special agent :grin:

14. Mike Dammann February 26, 2008 at 6:34 pm #

Who is the girl in the picture. Send her to my office. We´re hiring. :mrgreen:

15. kevin in bellingham April 9, 2008 at 8:16 pm #

I dont care if your an agent if you looked like that I would vote for you regardless.. :grin:

16. Knox October 24, 2008 at 11:35 pm #

In hope that those of you who commented here still have their subscriptions to the post, please come back and learn about SAR Snatch Helen.

17. Justin Smith | Searching Solutions January 17, 2009 at 7:19 pm #

Do I win the consolation prize for being number 1 now? :lol:

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Real Estate SEO Ugliness and Libel | Denver SEO Guy | Knox in Denver - February 15, 2008

[...] I’m not the Greatest Real Estate Agent in the World but I know the personalities and my moles are getting bombarded with the same defaming, libelous, [...]

2. Noticing The Greatest Real Estate Agent in the World | Denver SEO Guy | Knox in Denver - February 26, 2008

[...] watching the Greatest Real Estate Agent in the World Contest and what’s happening is what all web properties owners need to [...]

3. February Roundup of The Greatest Real Estate Agent In The World Contest « Greatest Real Estate Agent In The World - March 2, 2008

[...] of course theres more commentators, such as Greg Boser, and Knox, who both seem to be doing quite [...]

4. Greatest Real Estate Agent in The World Is… | Denver SEO Guy | Knox in Denver - May 1, 2008

[...] I was wrong. When the contest began I threw out an article with a hottie real estate agent and she didn’t win. Eric Blackwell is at the top of the serp – [...]