Testing Flip Mino HD in Car for New Website

I have a lot of excess clips from testing the FLIP HD for an upcoming video blog.  Instead of dumping it, here is some with various lighting.  I tried it from within a car.  This seams to be where the Flip suffers – no image stabilization.

Below is the result.

YouTube Preview Image

6 Responses to “Testing Flip Mino HD in Car for New Website”

1. Carolyn G-Tu January 12, 2009 at 12:38 am #

Maybe you’re driving too fast. :roll: I’ve seen quite a few others drive with regular flips and they don’t seem to have the stability issue – they also likely had the flip mounted on the dashboard.

2. Knox January 12, 2009 at 12:08 pm #

Driving too fast? NEVER!

I tried a dash mount and a visor mount. The vibrations really bother the camera, most likely too stiff a suspension. @rmasse10 sent me a link for a suction cup window mount – I’m thinking that will absorb some vibration so I’ll probably order that.

I have a little cupholder with padding stuff that works best but it can only view me. For the road I’ll ust hold it.

I’m still very happy with the camera. For it’s size it’s amazing. The old DV Tape camera is a dust bunny now.

3. Sam T January 12, 2009 at 1:21 pm #

or do, I do, Sigh! Your’e a little funny :razz:

4. rmasse10 January 15, 2009 at 11:13 pm #

The video looks good….yeah, the suction cup mount does absorb alot of the vibration so you should have no problem with it…Best Buy. Anyway, use to just seeing the big sunglasses as that is your persona…looks good on you!

Give Qik a try…not as good a video as the Flip, but it is live and people can communicate with you real time…you see the comments show up on the iphone screen, very very cool. I highly recommend you pickup an incase powerslide (battery pack) for the iphone…works great too and extends the battery 2x.

keep up the great work and hopefully we will meet up sometime this year!

peace out!

rob

5. Zack Katz January 28, 2009 at 3:48 pm #

Filming yourself breaking the law is generally a bad idea…you might want to film “10 Seconds of Measured Restraint” instead! :lol:

6. Knox January 28, 2009 at 7:13 pm #