SEO, Music, Driving – umm, yeah.

The video is lame and shaky, but it doesn’t really matter – it’s visual filler.

YouTube Preview Image

I’ve taken this month “off” from work, yes – spent it with family and close friends.

During this local vacation I took advantage of the light winter.  Before the recent storm hit I drove up to Conifer with my friend and colleague Chris McGaw.

Okay, the destination was only a Starbucks about 30 minutes up the hill.  I like the drive because it’s twisty and hilly.  I also like to speed by trucks – it’s just something that makes me smile.  It’s a good time to “talk some shop”.

Chris popped in a CD to play on the way.  It was a mix of some of his songs.  Chris plays some guitar and sings a bit.  He’s my Denver version of a “Boris Yututeers” or Nick May of Real Estate Webmasters (a real estate seo and web design company).

He’s creative and artistic, but also has a good technical grasp on seo and the internet.  I kept his CD – it’s actually funny!  His tunes are all original and he comes up with them pretty much on the fly.  So, I just ripped the disk and added it to an accelerated video of a trip to the Starbucks.

No, the song in this video wasn’t about me if you were wondering – but I still chuckled when I heard it. Chris plans to present a small catalog of his music and give a lot of it away for free.

8 Responses to “SEO, Music, Driving – umm, yeah.”

1. Jim Sparrow March 27, 2009 at 8:44 pm #

Great looking road Knox :cool:
    One thing I noticed right away was how virtually every driver on the road stayed in right *except to pass*. Up here in Canada the drivers think they own both lanes, and commonly cruise the left :evil:

2. Knox March 28, 2009 at 4:41 am #

@Jim – I admit I cruise the left, but it’s because I’m always passing :) But they do pretty well here in the mountains. In the city – whole different story.

3. Patrick March 29, 2009 at 3:05 pm #

Dang good song! This looks sort of like a jetta commercial.

4. Ponch & Jon March 30, 2009 at 5:00 am #

Mr. Denver Knox,

What? No speed limit in Colorado. It must be like the autobahn.
    Here in sunny California excessive speed is a crime. I was also offended by his excessive use of profanity in his “song”

For future reference if you wish to drive like this on the internet you should put a disclaimer on the bottom of your screen to give the usual “professional driver, closed course and do not attempt” statement as well as a parental advisory for children under 13 for a song with profanity and the mention of guns and suicidal behavior.

peace out.

P&J

5. Mike Brown March 30, 2009 at 5:04 am #

What car is this? Is there something extra under the hood or just a stock engine. Looks like fun. Delaware is flat and dull, I miss the mountains.

6. Knox March 30, 2009 at 1:01 pm #

@Troopers P & J = LMAO

@Mike = Come out see the hills. I know Delaware is flat, but at least you have…. okay, I don’t know what you have….

7. surfdenver April 11, 2009 at 8:48 pm #

I like those little cameras. The video turned out pretty good and it kind of fits that song. Not really sure why.

8. Susan Zanzonico April 30, 2009 at 10:17 am #

The video does fit the song and the song makes me laugh a little. I’m amazed at how few cars are on the road. Very different from my area in NJ. Did they clear the roads just for this video event? :smile: