Denver Real Estate Conference

I attended the Denver Real Estate Bar Camp conference on Friday.  It was.. interesting.  Firstly, I’ve never seen so many people with hands free cellular devices in one place, ever.  I though I was abducted by the Borg.

One pretty friendly face was Brian Kinkade, a Denver realtor friend of mine that I always seem to bump into.

The conference was set up into many classes, spanning from basically “What is the Internet” to topics called SEO (though I wouldn’t have called it that).

I didn’t attend to learn anything offered on their board, but to see who would be there.  There were some names that have been in the middle of the MIBOR issue, as well as representatives from IDX vendors and NAR.

I have some video and audio of the event as well as an exclusive interview with someone that may be surprising to some of you. I may be posting the interview here soon.

Board of Events: 6 rooms had different classes, running about 1.5 hours each.

8 Responses to “Denver Real Estate Conference”

1. Paul Barrow May 24, 2009 at 8:58 am #

You didn’t learn *anything* at the event? I was there too and got a lot of great tips. The big ‘aha’ for me was the emerging “live streaming video phones” that I suspect will change the real estate business over the next few years.

2. Knox May 24, 2009 at 12:40 pm #

@Paul – You can quote me correctly, thanks.
    I wrote “I didn’t attend to learn anything offered on their board”.
    But yes, I did *learn* somethings that I had already suspected.

3. Joe May 24, 2009 at 4:48 pm #

Hey Knox,
    I haven’t visited in a while, nor have spoke much with you on the phone. I saw a link from Carolyn’s REW blog here and so I thought I would travel.

You mentioned Brian Kinkade. I met Brian at Phoenix Unchained and Brian is a true gem. Super guy.

I wish I was at Denver’s Bar Camp. I met some folks lately who were attending (and speaking), so I’m envious you had the opportunity to attend.

Looking forward to the “exclusive interview” you mentioned. I’ll stay subscribed via email.

Joe :)

4. Carolyn May 24, 2009 at 7:43 pm #

I wrote a smart-ass comment here last night and I think your blog crashed.
    I’ve felt for a while if you are somewhat active reading blogs, involved in social networking/forums, etc. then likely the info at conferences for the most part won’t really be new. That being said I think I learn a little better either hands on or sitting in a room for hours with presenters with fancy power-point presentations.

5. Knox May 24, 2009 at 7:48 pm #

@Carolyn – Ahhhh – So YOU killed my site;)

It was geared to newbies IMO – if others disagree then it raises my confidence and apparent ability…

I didn’t say I “didn’t learn anything” (though I could have, but I didn’t go to every class), I said I didn’t attend to learn anything.

Yes – I’m sure the crowd was happy to glean some wisdom from the speakers.

6. Knox May 24, 2009 at 8:10 pm #

@Joe – We agree, Kevin’s a great guy. I seem to bump into you a lot too, but it’s only virtually. Hope to meet you in 3-D sometime.

7. Mike Brown June 11, 2009 at 2:28 pm #

“topics called SEO (though I wouldn’t have called it that).”

Lol! what, NAR SEO tactics are not black hat enough for you :-)

Call Me!!!

8. Paul's Teacher January 20, 2010 at 5:32 pm #

:shock: My student was actually corrected….way to go Knox! Paul does have a tendency to think he knows “the ropes” after he hears enough to repeat it!

BEWARE… DONT SPEAK IN FRONT OF HIM, HE MIGHT RECORD IT, STEAL IT AND TRY 2 USE 2 CLAIM YOUR EXPERIENCE AS HIS OWN!!!